What is the CHAIN?
- Hokkaido University established a new research and education center, CHAIN, in July 2019.
- It is a hub for interdisciplinary research and education at the intersection of humanities, Artificial Intelligence, and Neuroscience.
- The inaugural ceremony was held on July 23, 2019.
- The first international symposium will take place on November 9-10, 2019.
- The graduate-level education program will start in April 2020.
Purpose of the CHAIN
The Center for Human Nature, Artificial Intelligence, and Neuroscience (CHAIN) is a research and education center for the interdisciplinary study of the humanities, social sciences, neuroscience, and artificial intelligence. At the intersection of these disciplines, we would like to open up new directions in understanding “what human beings are.” In particular, we intend to integrate highly philosophical ideas with mathematical and empirical scientific methods and scientific findings through an intimate collaboration between specialists from diverse disciplines. In April 2020, we will launch a new graduate interdisciplinary program.
Job openings 【Closed 】
Three fixed-term positions (specially appointed associate professor, lecturer or assistant professor) are open in the fields philosophy, Artificial Intelligence, and Neuroscience or Psychology (closing date: July 15th, 2019, JST).